First I would like to introduce myself. My name is Sarah McDavid and I am a senior at Appalachian State University. I was born and raise in North Carolina which seems like it is becoming more rare. I am studying to become a high school history teacher but I am still leaving the next chapter of my life open to see where I am called to go. Growing up I always dreamed of being a teacher but as I grew up the state of education in North Carolina turned me away from my dream job. As my time at App went on I realized that I rather spend the rest of my life doing what I loved than do something I hated but make a lot of money so here I am.
Going into my senior year of college I have been overwhelmed by where God has brought me. Yes, I love the Lord and am not ashamed to say it. From the people that I have surrounded myself with and my future being right around the corner I have learned that the world is so much bigger than myself. Every time I think about leaving my friends and this place, or when I get overwhelmed with the fact that I don’t feel prepared to teach, I just think about the students that will be in my classroom. I can’t wait for the day that I can stand in front of my students, look them in the eyes and know that we are about to go on a journey together that is filled with learning, growth, and understanding. By this I don’t only mean with content material, I want it to go deeper than that. I want my students to learn from me but me from them. I want them to look back on their time in my class and be able to say that they grew as people. And lastly, I want them to gain an understanding that they may feel small in this world, but it is sometimes the smallest things that can leave the greatest impression.
Random Facts About Myself:
- I LOVE football.
- Country music will always be my go to.
- I am obsessed with everything Christmas.
- I would much rather travel America than the world. (But going abroad wouldn’t be bad either)
- Some of my best childhood memories are from coming up to Boone.
- Reality TV is my guilty pleasure, although I don’t really feel guilty about it.
- I sponsor a child through Compassion International.
- Fall is my favorite season.
- My favorite movies are Sweet Home Alabama, The Parent Trap, My Best Friends Wedding, and Home Alone 2.
- One of my favorite times of the year is when the Pumpkin Spice Latte comes back to Starbucks.
- I have a pretty sassy side but people learn to love it.
- The farthest I’ve traveled is Costa Rica.
- I have an older sister. I also have a nephew who is the GREATEST child on the planet.
- If I could have any talent I would be a ballroom dancer so I could be on Dancing With the Stars.
- My dream vacation/trip would be to go on a road trip with all of my friends.
- The 4Fs are a perfect way to sum up what is important in my life. Faith. Family. Friends. Football.